Translate

Thursday 17 May 2012

Macaroni Cheese, Slimming World Style

The thing I miss most about being on the Slimming World plan is Cheese, this was probably why I needed to lose weight in the first place.....eating far too much cheese!


So when I made this low fat macaroni cheese dish, it was like a cheese dream come true :-)


I firstly boiled the pasta in a pan of boiling water (I was using up the last of my pasta, obviously Macaroni Pasta would be perfect for this dish but I used Penne Pasta instead).


When the pasta was cooked I drained it and transferred it to a large oven proof dish and mixed in a pot of extra light Philadelphia Cream Cheese (which you can use as your Healthy Extra A) or Syn it, I think its 3 Syns for the 28g tub.  I mixed in a tablespoon of English Mustard to give it a bit more flavour and added some lean ham chopped up.  I then put it in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.


I served it up with some steamed green beans.


You could add sweetcorn to the dish and you could also try the garlic and herb Philadelphia for added taste.  You could even top the dish with some cherry tomatoes before putting in the oven.


Cheese Tastic!


Rating: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say great blog. It's exactly what i've been looking for. Nice, straight forward and with real pics! Also nice to see not all the recipes turn out. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine, that is really kind of you to say. I am afraid I have been so busy lately, I haven't had much time to add any more, but will do so soon.

    Thanks once Again :-)

    ReplyDelete